Quick Facts about Liposuction
- Posted on: May 15 2021
Each year, more than 250,000 liposuction procedures are performed in the United States. This minimally invasive procedure is especially popular around this time of year. As we shed layers of clothing, we are often motivated to release all things that no longer serve our best life. Excess fat, which becomes more noticeable when we aren’t wearing long pants, sweaters, jackets, and scarves, is one of those things that many people want gone as quickly as possible. Liposuction is an excellent solution.
There are several reasons why liposuction may be so popular. The body-shaping procedure is considered very safe when conducted by an experienced and board-certified plastic surgeon. It is often performed without general anesthesia, which decreases a significant surgical risk right off the bat. Though minor swelling and bruising may last a week or two, patients are often ready to go back to work within a few days. These are just a few of many reasons patients give for wanting to have liposuction. Whatever your reason, you may want to know a few quick facts to help you as you make your decision about the type of body contouring that is right for you.
- Liposuction is not done to help you lose weight. It is done to help you look better. Your weight may not change at all, but you can expect your clothes to fit better after this procedure.
- It is possible to combine liposuction with other procedures. Common choices include thigh lift surgery and abdominoplasty. When procedures are combined, a surgeon uses general anesthesia.
- Liposuction isn’t just for larger areas like the thighs or abdomen. The chin, neck, backs of the arms, and knees are also commonly treated with this procedure.
- There is more than one liposuction technique used today. Each has its own unique benefits. Dr. Altamira is trained in three liposuction techniques, including SmartLipo and Vaser liposuction.
- Additional treatment may be needed if the skin lacks good integrity and elasticity. An experienced surgeon has solutions to ensure the best results for each liposuction patient.
You have several options to get the body contours you want. Liposuction is one that has been around for many years, giving us ample evidence of its value and safety. To learn more, call (713) 271-9000 and schedule an appointment in our Houston or Sugar Land office.
Posted in: Liposuction