What is ThermiVa™?
ThermiVa™ is an in-office, non-surgical procedure for skin tightening, used for dermatologic conditions. A radio frequency generator, made by Thermi Aesthetics powers a “S” shaped hand piece that tightens external and internal vulvovaginal tissue. The tip has gentle curves that provide comfort.
How Does ThermiVa™ Work?
ThermiVa delivers controlled thermal energy to the desired areas – external (labia) and/or internal (vaginal). Applying heat to tissue has become the standard for promoting collagen remodeling, which helps strengthen the structural support columns and improve the integrity of the skin. ThermiVa encourages new, tighter collagen production and improved coordination of muscle activity and strength.
How Long Is The ThermiVa™ Procedure?
The complete ThermiVa procedure includes 3 separate treatments over a period of 3 months.There is no downtime and anesthetics is not a requirement for this procedure. Patients are comfortable, relaxed and very pleased with the noticeable results.
- Vaginal (internal) Tightening: tightens the vagina at the opening and the full length of the vagina reducing laxity.
- Vulvar/Labial (external) Tightening: ThermiVa will tighten the external labial tissues and reduce sag or “camel toes.”
- Decreased Dryness: adds softer and thicker skin and more moisture both internally and externally.
- Reduced Incontinence or Leakage Accidents: Patients experience reduced accidents and leakage and even urge symptoms after treatment with ThermiVa.
- Increased Sexual Satisfaction: Patients can expect increased vaginal sensitivity, more coordinated and stronger muscular contractions.
Schedule a Consultation
If you are interested in ThermiVa treatment and would like to see if you are a good candidate, contact the office today at (713) 271-9000 to schedule a consultation. Dr. Altamira has plastic surgery offices located in Houston and Sugar Land, Texas.