What You Need to Know About Botox
- Posted on: Jun 15 2022
It happens to all of us – you look in the mirror one day and wonder where all of those wrinkles and lines came from. Then you try serums and creams to get rid of the wrinkles, and they don’t really seem to do the job as well as you like. It may be time to consider Botox!
Botox is a very popular procedure that has been in use for decades, and for good reason. There are many benefits to Botox, including:
• It is very effective. You may notice a difference within a few days, and you’ll really see a difference within a couple of weeks. The changes will last for about 6 months.
• When the changes do start to wear off, it is safe to have more Botox.
• There is no downtime associated with Botox, and very few possible side effects. You may have some bruising, but this is normal and will fade within a few days.
• It is very safe. You may have heard that Botox is made from botulinum toxin, which sounds rather unpleasant. However, when it is used correctly it can provide many benefits. In fact, it is not only used for cosmetic purposes – it can also help with issues such as bladder problems and chronic migraines.
• Botox works by blocking the signals between the nerves and the muscles. This keeps muscles from contracting, which smooths out wrinkles and lines.
• Getting Botox is painless – it only feels like a little pinch.
• Getting Botox is quick. It only takes a few minutes; some patients have it done on their lunch hour and then go right back to work and other regular activities.
• Depending on the results you would like to see, you may want to have other procedures done with your Botox, such as dermal fillers.
One of the best benefits of Botox is that it is a much more effective way to reduce wrinkles than trying at-home creams that really don’t do much at all – and, there is much less hassle, cost, and downtime involved with Botox compared with a face lift! Contact the office of Dr. David Altamira, in Sugar Land or Houston, to discuss Botox. Call (713) 271-9000 today!
Posted in: Botox