What You Need To Know About Brazilian Butt Lifts
- Posted on: Feb 28 2023
If you are looking for a way to enhance your buttocks to get the curvy backside you’ve always wanted, a Brazilian butt lift may just be the answer for you. But what happens during a Brazilian butt lift procedure, and what do you need to know about it?
What Is a Brazilian Butt Lift?
Brazilian butt lifts are all the rage nowadays, but what exactly are they? Here’s what you need to know:
- They aren’t really Brazilian. They aren’t technically a “butt lift,” either. More accurately, it is a transfer of the patient’s own fat from one area of the body (the back, abdomen, or thighs, most often) to the buttocks to help improve the shape and projection.
- It is a three step procedure. In the first step, liposuction is used to remove fat. The fat is purified, then injected into the buttocks in strategic locations.
- It can be done for men and women. And, it can help not only people who would like a shapelier backside, it can also help people who have asymmetrical buttocks.
- It isn’t your only option. There are many benefits to Brazilian butt lifts, but sometimes implants are the better choice. Or, you can combine implants and a Brazilian butt lift – it all depends on the shape and size of your buttocks, how much fat is available for transfer, and the results you would like to see.
- It can take time to see your new look. The body needs time to absorb the injected fat so that your buttocks have their final results, but the upside of using your body’s own fat is that these results look very natural.
- You’ll need some time to recover. The key to a Brazilian butt lift recovery is not to sit for too long and to use lots of padding when you do sit. You’ll also be given a compression garment to wear for 2 to 3 weeks.
What else would you like to know about the Brazilian butt lift procedure? Schedule a consultation to find out more. Call the office of Dr. David Altamira, in Sugarland or Houston, at (713) 271-9000 for an appointment today!
Posted in: Buttock Augmentation