How Much Does Liposuction Cost?
- Posted on: Jun 15 2019
Liposuction is one of the leading body-contouring procedures even though several nonsurgical devices have been developed in recent years. Why? Because the surgical technique still achieves more than what is possible otherwise. Our patients appreciate the predictability of surgical liposuction and the speed at which results become noticeable. Understandably, though, there remains a strong interest in knowing what to expect from this procedure both in terms of results and in terms of cost.
The cost of liposuction is the sum total of various fees. These can include anesthesia fees, surgical facility fees, supply costs, and the surgeon’s fees, in which pre- and post-operative visits and lab work may be included. In addition, there are factors that vary from one case to another.
Factors that Contribute to Liposuction Cost
The cost of liposuction also relates to the time and effort involved in the procedure. Time and effort are determined by:
- Body Mass Index. This measurement of overall body fat takes into account a person’s height and weight. The more body fat there is in relation to the natural skeletal frame, the higher BMI is.
- Treatment area. Some areas are larger than others while some are more complicated than others to remove fatty deposits. An example of an area that could be tricky and therefore would require more time is the back of the arms or the neck.
- The number of treatment areas. It is possible to treat multiple areas in a single procedure, but this increases the amount of time the surgeon will spend conducting fat-reduction.
- Secondary liposuction may take slightly longer than an initial procedure if scar tissue has formed in superficial fatty tissue.
- Generally speaking, liposuction costs also vary somewhat based on the geographical area and experience level of the surgeon.
Don’t Bargain-Shop for Liposuction
Liposuction is a proven body-contouring procedure. However, things can go wrong during and after surgery. Your cosmetic appearance and health are a matter of importance and not to be placed in the wrong hands. Leave the deals and discounts out of your liposuction experience. Instead, shop for a surgeon with a wealth of training and expertise that will result in optimal results that can last many years.
Learn more about our liposuction technique. Schedule a consultation in our Houston, Cypress, or Sugar Land office at 713.271.9000.
Posted in: Liposuction