6+ Things You Should Know About Neck Lifts
- Posted on: Jul 15 2022
You may be thinking about having some work done on your eyes or lips, or getting rid of some wrinkles to make yourself look younger – but have you considered having a procedure for your neck? The neck is often an area that people don’t think much about when considering plastic surgery, but changes to the neck can really make a difference. Read on for some things you should know about this life-changing procedure!
Should you consider a neck lift?
If your neck looks wrinkled and has excess fat and skin, any changes you make to your face may be overshadowed. A neck lift
1. Removes extra fat, skin, and wrinkles, which can accumulate under the chin because of age, too much time in the sun, or after you’ve lost a lot of weight (it is difficult to find an exercise or a natural way to get rid of fat in this area!).
2. Can tone up and tighten the face and even change the shape, by lifting sagging jowls, removing sagging skin, and tightening up loose muscles.
3. Might be used with liposuction to remove excess fat.
4. Typically takes 2 to 4 hours and can be done on local or general anesthesia. It is usually done on an outpatient basis.
5. Can cause bruising and swelling in the neck area, but this typically goes away in about 2 weeks.
6. Will need some time to recover from – you should plan on missing about 2 weeks of work, and avoid strenuous activity for about 4 to 6 weeks.
Before any plastic surgery procedure, you should be in good physical and mental health, and you should have reasonable expectations about what the results will be.
A face lift, injectables, or another procedure for the face won’t mean anything if the neck still looks old and has excess fat and skin (“turkey wattles,” as this is unflatteringly known). You might be surprised how a neck lift can change your whole look. Contact the office of Dr. David Altamira, in Sugar Land or Houston, to see what a neck lift can do for you. Call (713) 271-9000 today!
Posted in: Neck Lift