The Benefits of a Tummy Tuck
- Posted on: Jan 31 2024
There is nothing quite like the feeling of losing weight and watching a smaller pair of pants fit easier. Are you struggling with those last few pounds? Often, even with diet and exercise, it can become difficult to obtain a truly flat stomach. A tummy tuck could be one of the best ways for you to improve that problem. It provides a way to remove the excess skin and fat that could be impacting your quality of life.
What Are the Benefits of a Tummy Tuck?
The benefits you get from a tummy tuck will range based on your specific needs and the significance of the procedure. However, many people see benefits like these:
- Create a flat stomach: For many people, the ultimate benefit of a tummy tuck is creating a flatter stomach, which can be very important if you recently lost a significant amount of weight.
- Reducing pain: A tummy tuck can reduce some of the pain and pressure you feel in your hips and lower back from sagging or hanging skin.
- Improve bladder function: For some people, especially those with early onset incontinence, a tummy tuck can provide an improved bladder function.
- Strengthen muscles: By having a tummy tuck done, you can strengthen and restore separated muscles in this area, creating a firmer and stronger midsection.
- Create a smoother profile: If you want to improve your profile, this is one of the best ways to do so when weight loss and diet do not help with fatty tissue.
In many cases, a person who qualifies for a tummy tuck will see significant improvement in the way their midsection looks, but also in the function of underlying muscle groups. Some people see better flexibility. Others see a reduction in pain.
Schedule a Consultation with Our Plastic Surgeon to Discuss Your Benefits
Because each situation is different, we encourage you to schedule an appointment with our cosmetic surgeon in Houston, TX, to learn a bit more about what you can expect. Call 713-271-9000 now to set up a time to discuss your case with David Altamira, M.D., your local, board-certified plastic surgeon.
Posted in: Tummy Tuck