Neck Lift Details You Should Know
- Posted on: Apr 30 2019
One of the things we’ve learned over the years is that an informed patient is a more confident patient. If you’re frustrated with the appearance of loose, sagging skin on your neck or below your chin, a neck lift may be your ideal solution. Here, we offer a few details about this procedure to help you move toward your decision regarding treatment.
- A neck lift focuses on the neck and chin. During a neck lift, excess skin is tightened and trimmed to eliminate sagging and wrinkles. The band of muscles in the neck is also addressed, as is fat that is creating fullness beneath the chin. A neck lift does not alter the face, including jowls; it refines the frame of the face. For more comprehensive rejuvenation, many people combine a neck lift with a facelift.
- Prep work may be necessary. During the weeks between the initial consultation and the day of surgery, you may be advised to stop taking certain medications or supplements. If you smoke, you will need to refrain from this habit entirely for several weeks or months in order to prepare your body for optimal healing. Time off for recovery will also need to be arranged well in advance. Preparing meals, home care, pet care or child care, and other assistance in advance can significantly improve the whole surgical process.
- Expect a support garment. The neck and face are somewhat tricky when it comes to compression, but surgeons have found ways to ensure healing tissues get the support they need. After a neck lift, expect to wear a support strap for at least a few days, up to a whole week after surgery.
- Expect some time off, but not much. Some patients return to work a week after their neck lift, but we usually suggest arranging two full weeks for recovery. The more demanding your work is, the more time you may need away to allow tissues to fully heal.
- Expect progressive improvement. While most of the swelling and bruising from a neck lift diminishes within a week to 10 days, the final outcome from surgery may not reach its peak for 6 to 12 months.
Get more information regarding neck lift surgery by scheduling your consultation with us. Call 713.271.9000 for an appointment in Houston or Sugar Land.
Posted in: Uncategorized