Plan Now for a Smooth Summer
- Posted on: Dec 30 2022
With all of the activities of the holidays and trying to stay warm in the cooler weather, summer is probably the last thing on your mind right now. But what if something that you started doing right now was going to make for a much more enjoyable summer – a summer where you don’t have to worry about the hassle of waxing or shaving? Planning for laser hair removal now will pay off later!
Laser hair removal can get rid of unwanted body hair, and often this can be permanent. But you have to start ahead of time. You may be advised to prepare your skin in the weeks leading up to the procedure, by avoiding the sun and allowing any tan you have to fade. You may also need to avoid any waxing, plucking, electrolysis, and some skincare products before the procedure. You’ll get more information on how to prepare for laser hair removal at your consultation. Besides needing time to prepare, you should also know that you may need a number of sessions to remove all of the hair.
There are so many benefits of laser hair removal:
• You’ll see a big reduction in how much hair you have (obviously). Permanent hair removal can’t be guaranteed, but in most cases it won’t grow back or it will be reduced by at least 85%.
• It is less painful than other hair removal techniques. Waxing and electrolysis can be painful, but laser hair removal has been described as, at most, uncomfortable.
• It is safe. Laser hair removal is FDA approved and has been performed on millions of patients.
• Any possible side effects are very mild. You may have some swelling and redness, and your skin may look and feel sunburned.
• It’s not just for the legs. Laser hair removal works for the bikini area, arms, back, and underarms, too.
There are so many benefits of having laser hair removal, but you have to plan ahead so that by next summer you can be hair-free! Contact the office of Dr. David Altamira, in Sugarland or Houston, for a laser hair removal consultation. Call (713) 271-9000 for an appointment today!
Posted in: Laser Hair Removal